My uncle likes to tell me that all roads lead to Rome, but I don't know if I believe him. So many of us seem to have taken paths that lead to the edge of very tall cliffs. Now is when we learn whether we're brave, whether we leap off into the Unknown. Respect to my friends.
- Andrés quit his job yesterday. He heads back to Argentina.
- Eliett moves to Spain in three weeks, and is saying her goodbyes to Nicaragua.
- Adam just returned from Portugal and decided against visiting Poland this year.
- Rachel takes her GRE today (suerte, amiga) and leaves for France in three weeks.
- Nathan, who recently finished a job in Colombia, waits for her there.
- Jaweed and Yuxing will see ruins, beaches, cities, and me in Guatemala and El Salvador later this month.
- David is nearly done in South Africa. I don't know where he goes next.
- Rosarlin met a guy last month in Germany and plans to see him in Peru this December.
- Anthony passed the bar and is thinking about France again.
- Jessica and Otto will stick it out in Nicaragua for another year, then maybe head for Spain.
- Lole is finally nearly done with his thesis. His eyes light up when he talks about seeing his Hungarian girlfriend in Argentina.
- Megan completed her year in Guatemala and will follow her heart to Spain.
- Daniel is broke but he looks happy. He stays in Mexico indefinitely.
- Clavo is making things happen in El Salvador.
- Tabatha says she'll travel to Central America to prove her family wrong.
- Héctor is somewhere in Spain or Italy right now.
- Megan, my former roomate, wants to be in Nicaragua by January.
- Jorge still talks about France.
- Lauren no longer talks about Italy.
- Eric says he'll be happier in Panama, and I believe him.
- Devin is feeling restless again.
For now I leave Mexico to finish some reporting in Guatemala, Belize
and El Salvador. And at the end of the month, I head back to the
States, to Unknowns, and to possibilities. My friends make me more